Tax Forms and Information
1095-B and 1095-C Forms
Under the Affordable Care Act, health insurance issuers, self-insuring employers, government agencies, and other providers of minimum essential coverage are required to file annual information returns and statements regarding health coverage provided to enrollees, and furnish them upon request. Two forms offered by the IRS for this purpose are the 1095-B and 1095-C tax forms. How your health insurance was provided in 2021 will determine which form(s) you may receive.
We Will Mail 1095-B Forms this Year
True Health New Mexico will mail 1095-B forms to you this year. You should receive your 2021 1095-B form by March 2, 2022.
- This form is available by request from True Health New Mexico if your employer purchased coverage directly from us in 2021.
- The 1095-B form is proof that you had the type of coverage required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). This form indicates the period of time you were covered during the reporting year.
- This information will be reported to the IRS per the ACA’s reporting requirements.
- You may receive more than one form if you changed your insurance at any time throughout the year or if your employer also mails you a 1095-C form.
- You should make any needed corrections to your 1095-B form as soon as possible by calling Customer Service at 1-844-508-4677.
- Learn more about the 1095-B form on the IRS website.
- Members who work for an Applicable Large Employer (ALE) and some other members under a small employer’s coverage plan may also receive a 1095-C from their employers.
- The 1095-C form shows the coverage offered to you by your employer during the reporting period.
- Learn more about the 1095-C form on the IRS website.
Tax Information for Individuals, Including 1095-A
For more information, please call your tax advisor or visit the IRS Questions and Answers for Healthcare Information Forms for Individuals page.