Women’s Health & Wellness
Digital Solutions to Help You Conquer Your Period
True Health New Mexico has partnered with Visana Health to bring you a digital care program that delivers everything you need to conquer menstrual pain, menstrual bleeding, and other gynecological conditions. By creating personalized digital programs and connecting members with a personal health coach*, the True Health New Mexico + Visana Health program can help you improve your symptoms and quality of life.
*If eligible. See eligibility requirements below.
How it Works
The program surrounds you with a variety of tools and support tailored to what you need to succeed. If you live with heavy menstrual bleeding or menstrual pain, you can look forward to a combination of:
- A professional health coach* for ongoing one-on-one guidance. Coaches are proactive and compassionate, with expertise to help with your condition in ways that work for you. *Depending on meeting eligibility requirements.
- Weekly interactive lessons to help you explore the physical, psychological, and social components of living with your condition, including the essential knowledge and skills to self-manage conditions like menstrual bleeding and pain. Lessons can include diet and nutrition, pelvic floor exercises, cognitive exercises, and disease and treatment education.
- Navigation to local in-network clinicians that listen to women and provide high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Symptom tracking to help you track your progress.
After you complete the screening questionnaire, you will receive an access code to the Visana mobile app and be set up with your own personal health coach. The mobile app will guide you through your personalized program, which consists of diet changes, pelvic floor physical therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and disease education. Your coach will help you navigate the program and answer any questions you have.
Depending on your eligibility, the program duration is either four or 12 weeks.
Women who have completed Visana’s program have reported:
- improved symptoms.
- improved mental health.
- fewer doctor’s appointments.
- fewer days of work missed.
- finding new doctors.
- a better healthcare experience overall.
Who Is Eligible?
Visana is personalized to support women as their needs evolve, whether they suffer from heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, or menstrual pain. The program helps women with endometriosis, uterine fibroids, menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding), adenomyosis, and other gynecological conditions.
Members take a clinical questionnaire to make sure they are a good fit for Visana. Generally, if the woman has been suffering from menstrual pain or heavy bleeding for over three months, Visana is a good fit for her.
Even if you haven’t received a formal diagnosis, you can still be eligible. Studies show it takes up to a decade for some women to get diagnosed. We can help you whether or not you have received a diagnosis from a doctor.
How to Sign Up
To enroll, visit http://visanahealth.com/truehealth/. The cost of the program is fully covered by True Health New Mexico. There is no cost to you.
“I’m so happy that I was chosen for this program because I have been suffering for so long. I will be committed to the process because I’m tired of being stuck. I’m looking forward to receiving help.”