Truly Accessible Care
The healthcare industry is advancing at a rapid pace. As we progress down this path, new and evolving ways for people to access care are emerging. At True Health New Mexico, we believe in ensuring our members have the ability to see a doctor no matter where they are.
What Is Virtual Care?
Virtual care is a term that includes all the ways healthcare providers can remotely interact with patients. These services may also be referred to as virtual visits, telehealth, or telemedicine appointments. Virtual care allows you to seek non-emergency services with an in-network provider who can treat and diagnosis medical conditions, mental disorders, and other conditions without a traditional in-person office visit, urgent care visit, or emergency care visit.
Telehealth Visits During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During the coronavirus pandemic, it’s important for you to continue receiving the healthcare services you need to be healthy. Your regular provider(s) may be offering telehealth visits as a safe option for receiving non-emergency care during this time.
Contact your provider(s) to learn if telehealth visits are an option for you. True Health New Mexico covers these visits at the same benefit level as in-person visits.
Virtual Visits with Doctor On Demand
True Health New Mexico covers virtual (telehealth) visits with an in-network provider for all members*. We have partnered with Doctor On Demand to offer in-network telehealth visits. Doctor On Demand lets you see a doctor right away from your mobile device or computer. Within minutes you’ll be connected via live video with a board-certified physician. They can diagnose, treat, and even prescribe if necessary. You also can schedule a video visit at a later time that’s convenient for you.
Getting started with Doctor On Demand is easy.
- Download the Doctor On Demand mobile app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Create your account.
- Enter your True Health New Mexico plan information.
- Need help? Call Doctor On Demand Support at 1-800-997-6196.
To learn more, visit Doctor On Demand or download our flier.
*Doctor On Demand virtual visits are available on most True Health New Mexico plans at no cost. For high-deductible health plan (HDHP) members, the applicable copay or coinsurance will apply until you meet your deductible.
Care Connect Nurse Advice Line with MDLIVE® Virtual Clinic
All True Health New Mexico members have access to our Care Connect Nurse Advice Line that is available 24/7 at 1-844-308-2552. Experienced registered nurses will talk with you about your symptoms and situation. If appropriate, the nurse will refer you to our Virtual Clinic for a telephone consultation with a board-certified MDLIVE doctor who is in the True Health New Mexico network.
Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Here are a few options to help you get the care you need as soon as possible.
- If you already have a behavioral health provider, ask if they offer telehealth/virtual visits.
- Doctor On Demand (see above) also offers mental healthcare. Doctor On Demand psychologists and psychiatrists are board-certified, trained in the U.S., and in our provider network.
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline offers 24/7 support through online chat. Visit https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/. You also can call the Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
- If you are having a mental health crisis, you can receive 24/7 support via the New Mexico Crisis and Access Line at 1-855-662-7474.
- Visit our Behavioral Health page for more resources.