Commit to Quit
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), smoking is the leading cause of preventable death. Smoking leads to disease and disability and harms nearly every organ of the body.
Many adult tobacco users want to quit. True Health New Mexico can provide you with the information, resources, tools, and medications you need to quit for good.
In its recommendation statement, Tobacco Smoking Cessation in Adults, Including Pregnant Women: Behavioral and Pharmacotherapy Interventions, the U.S Preventive Services Task Force notes that the combination of medication plus behavioral counseling may increase the rate of success. Talk with your doctor to learn more about this approach.
Tobacco Information and Education
Need Help Quitting?
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
- Visit http://quitnownm.com/. Quit Now NM lets you choose the quit plan you think will work best for you, including Text2Quit™, which allows you to receive text messages from a WebCoach®.
- Teens, visit https://teen.smokefree.gov/ to sign up for texts, talk to an expert, and more.
- Download the free CDC QuitGuide mobile app.
Smoking Cessation Medications
If you need help to quit smoking or using tobacco products, we have several preventive medications available at a $0 copay. Visit our Pharmacy page and select the No-Cost Preventive Drugs Covered by ACA link. To qualify, you need to:
- Be age 18 or older.
- Get a prescription for these products from your doctor, even if the products are sold over-the-counter (OTC).
- Fill the prescription at a pharmacy in the True Health New Mexico network. To search for a pharmacy in our network, please visit our Pharmacy/Formulary page.