How Do I Enroll in an Individual / Family Plan?

Why Choose True?

True Health New Mexico is more than a health plan – we are a plan for health. As a physician-led health plan, we are committed to keeping New Mexicans healthy and offering health insurance plans that cover you and your family from head to toe.

The Open Enrollment period for individuals and families enrolling on and off the Exchange ended at 3:00 a.m. on December 18, 2019.

Special Enrollment Period for Qualifying Events

You may still be eligible for a Special Enrollment Period if you have experienced a Qualifying Event and if you enroll within 60 days of that event (except in the case of birth of a child, which requires enrollment within 31 days). A Qualifying Event may include any of the following:

  • Loss of other coverage
  • Divorce, legal separation, or annulment
  • Birth or adoption of a child, or placement of a child for adoption
  • Death of a spouse or child resulting in a loss of coverage
  • A judgment, decree, or order requiring you to cover a dependent child
  • A change in eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid for yourself, a spouse, or a dependent
  • A change in a dependent’s eligibility
  • A change in residency affecting your eligibility for healthcare benefits

Find individual plan rates (premiums), a side-by-side benefit summary of common healthcare services, Summaries of Benefits and Coverage, and Evidence of Coverage documents (member handbooks) on our Individual Plan Documents page.

Have You Had a Qualifying Event?

If you have had a Qualifying Event, you must:

  • Enroll in coverage within 60 days from the date of the event (except in the case of birth of a child, which requires enrollment within 31 days) by clicking on the Online Member Applicant Portal button below.
  • Provide proof of the Qualifying Event along with your enrollment application.

Documentation You Will Need to Provide

Examples of Qualifying Event written documentation (copies only) that you need to provide with your application include, but are not limited to:

  • A job termination notice or copy of unemployment application
  • Health insurer notice of policy termination
  • Divorce decree, court order verifying annulment or legal separation
  • Birth certificate
  • Adoption papers
  • Marriage certificate
  • Government verification that Medicare or Medicaid coverage was lost
  • Death certificate of spouse/child that resulted in a loss of coverage
  • Copy of court decree or order requiring coverage of a dependent child

If you have questions about documentation, please contact our Sales department at (505) 322-2360 or toll-free at 1-855-808-3568.