Shopping for Individual and Family Plans
Special Enrollment Period in Response to COVID-19 Emergency
Shop and Compare Plans*
*Looking for on-exchange coverage? Click on Special Enrollment Period button above.
True Health: Where Quality Meets Value
We didn’t create True Health New Mexico because the world needed another health insurance company. We created True Health New Mexico because the hard-working people of New Mexico deserve comprehensive health coverage for less money. If that sounds good to you, then check us out. We have a plan just for you.
View All Our Individual and Family Plans
- Individual and family plans for 2021
- Visit our Individual and Family Plan Documents page to view a brochure about our 2021 health plan offerings, our 2021 rates (premiums), Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (a brief overview of what our plans cover), and Evidence of Coverage (which explains in detail how our plans work).
- Find out what prescription drugs we will cover in 2021 on our Pharmacy page.
- VSP pediatric vision benefits are included on all individual and family plans (for children under the age of 19).
- Search for a vision service provider at vsp.com.
Get the Most Out of Your Coverage
The following value-added services and coverage options set True Health New Mexico apart from the others.
- Access to 10,000+ providers throughout New Mexico.
- Zero-dollar drug list: Access to affordable prescription drugs are important. True Health New Mexico health coverage includes a zero-dollar drug list that goes far beyond the drug list required by the Affordable Care Act.
- Zero-dollar behavioral health benefits on most plans.
- Wellness programs that make it easier for you to create a healthy life.
- True Perks: Programs, tools, and other offerings designed with your lifestyle and needs in mind.
Working with an Insurance Producer?
Tell your producer (also called an agent or a broker) to contact their True Health New Mexico Sales rep; or call us and we will work with your producer to ensure they have everything they need for you.
No producer? No problem. Choose one from our list of appointed producers or contact our Sales department (see below).
The Open Enrollment period for individuals and families enrolling on and off the Exchange ended December 15, 2020.
Special Enrollment Period for Qualifying Events*
*Looking for on-exchange coverage? Click on the SEP button near the top of this page.
The Special Enrollment Period (SEP) is the time outside the annual Open Enrollment period when you can sign up for health insurance. You may qualify for an SEP if you’ve had certain life events, also called Qualifying Events.
If you have experienced a Qualifying Event, you must select coverage under the Special Enrollment Period within 60 days of your Qualifying Event. A Qualifying Event may include any of the following:
- Loss of other coverage
- Divorce, legal separation, or annulment
- Birth or adoption of a child, or placement of a child for adoption
- Death of a spouse or child resulting in a loss of coverage
- A judgment, decree, or order requiring you to cover a dependent child
- A change in eligibility for Medicare or Medicaid for yourself, a spouse, or a dependent
- A change in a dependent’s eligibility
- A change in residency affecting your eligibility for healthcare benefits
Have You Had a Qualifying Event?
If you have had a Qualifying Event, you must provide proof of the Qualifying Event along with your enrollment application.
Examples of Documentation You Will Need to Provide
Please provide copies only with your application. Written document you will need to provide with your application include, but are not limited to:
- A job termination notice or copy of unemployment application
- Health insurer notice of policy termination
- Divorce decree, court order verifying annulment or legal separation
- Birth certificate
- Adoption papers
- Marriage certificate
- Government verification that Medicare or Medicaid coverage was lost
- Death certificate of spouse/child that resulted in a loss of coverage
- Copy of court decree or order requiring coverage of a dependent child
Understanding Health Insurance
Health insurance can be complicated. We can help you understand the basics.
Transition of Care
A program for new enrollees who are undergoing care with a provider not in our network.
Do you have questions about or need help choosing an individual or family plan?
Health and Wellness
We offer many programs and perks to help our members become and stay healthier.
The benefits of choosing True Health
(505) 322-2360; Toll-Free: 1-855-808-3568