Pharmacy / Formulary
Note: Are you an Albuquerque Public Schools employee? Visit Express Scripts® for your pharmacy benefit information.
True Health New Mexico Pharmacy Services provides clinical services for True Health New Mexico members, including the review of pharmacy prior authorization requests. True Health New Mexico partners with CVS Caremark™ for prescription claims processing and the pharmacy network.
CVS Caremark and True Health New Mexico Pharmacy Services work together to design and manage your pharmacy benefit plan. This includes creating your list of covered medications (also called a formulary), determining how much you will pay for your medication, and providing you with programs and services to help you effectively manage your health. CVS Caremark helps you get the medication you need, when you need it, whether it’s once a month or once a year.
To learn more about your prescription drug benefits, register at Caremark.com or download the mobile app to:
Review your coverage and annual spending
Find opportunities to save
See your prescription history
Check medication costs
Find in-network pharmacies
Check your mail-order status
Learn more at Caremark.com/video.
Check Drug Cost Tool
CVS Caremark’s Check Drug Cost tool offers you a simple way to find out if you can save money on your prescription medication. When you use the tool, you’ll receive results specific to you, your True Health New Mexico plan, and your deductible status. Use the Check Drug Cost tool at Caremark.com or with the CVS Caremark Mobile App. Learn more.
CVS Caremark Mobile App
Download the CVS Caremark app for on-the-go access to helpful tools and resources.
Easy refills: Scan the barcode on your Rx label to refill available prescriptions.
View ID card: No need to carry your benefit ID card. With the app, you always have it on hand.
Fill new prescriptions: Take a photo of the front and back of your new paper prescription and CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy will take it from there.
Pharmacy locator: Find in-network retail pharmacies near you.
Manage your profile: Set your notifications, update shipping and billing information, and more.
Pharmacy Team Outreach to Members
Members, please note: The True Health New Mexico pharmacy team will call members periodically to discuss potential issues with drug therapies. The pharmacy team members will identify themselves and verify the member’s name, date of birth, address before discussing medications.
2020 True Health New Mexico Formulary and Related Lists
Updates to the Formulary
Find a Pharmacy in the CVS Caremark Network
Note: This tool works best in Chrome.
Pharmacy Forms and Notices for Members
Prior Authorization for Prescription Drugs: What You Should Know
Important Pharmacy Terms and Their Definitions
Important Notices for Asthma and Diabetes Patients
Appropriate Use of Antibiotics
Pharmacy Programs for Members
True Health New Mexico and CVS Caremark has implemented three pharmacy programs to help improve your safety, keep you on the medications you need to manage your chronic condition(s), and reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Opioid Program: This program will address opioid overuse, which, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is an epidemic in the U.S. You may notice restrictions on the strengths or quantities of high-potency opioid pain medications that can be dispensed at the pharmacy. Get the facts about opioid abuse and misuse on the CDC website.
- Do you need help locating an opioid treatment (buprenorphine) prescriber? Click here to locate a provider. Note: Please call Customer Service at 1-844-508-4677 to confirm that the provider you have selected is in the True Health New Mexico network.
- Opioid Program Enhancement: In 2020, True Health New Mexico will partner with CVS Caremark to add an enhancement to the existing opioid risk management program. This program enhancement will limit new prescriptions for quick-acting opioids in children (less than 19 years old) to a 3-day supply.
- Medication Split-Fill Program: In 2020, True Health New Mexico will partner with CVS Caremark on a program that will limit initial fills of certain high-risk medications and oncology medications to two 15-day supplies. After the first two 15-day supplies are used, the full prescribed quantity will be covered at one time. This program will work to ensure that members can tolerate these medications and may reduce potential waste. Download the list of drugs that are included in the split-fill program.
- Medication Adherence Program: In this program, you may receive reminders when you are late to refill medications for chronic conditions. Taking prescribed medications on a regular basis leads to better outcomes in chronic conditions.
- Copay Card Accumulator Program: This program will ensure the integrity of the pharmacy benefit and will accurately capture your out-of-pocket cost when you use a manufacturer-issued copay coupon/card.
CVS Specialty Pharmacy
Specialty medications treat specific medical conditions such as cancer, hemophilia, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, pulmonary arterial hypertension, respiratory syncytial virus, rheumatoid arthritis, and more. You can fill these prescriptions through CVS Specialty Pharmacy. Please call 1-800-237-2767 between the hours of 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday to learn more about filling your specialty medication.
Download CVS Specialty Pharmacy’s “Five Things You Should Know about Our Specialty Pharmacy” brochure.