Pharmacy / Formulary
Note: Are you an Albuquerque Public Schools employee? Visit Express Scripts® for your pharmacy benefit information.
True Health New Mexico Pharmacy Services provides clinical services for True Health New Mexico members, including the review of pharmacy prior authorization requests. True Health New Mexico partners with CVS Caremark™ for prescription claims processing and the pharmacy network.
CVS Caremark and True Health New Mexico Pharmacy Services work together to design and manage your pharmacy benefit plan. This includes creating your list of covered medications (also called a formulary), determining how much you will pay for your medication, and providing you with programs and services to help you effectively manage your health.
Review your coverage and annual spending
Find opportunities to save
See your prescription history
Check medication costs using the CVS Caremark Check Drug Cost tool
Find in-network pharmacies using the CVS Pharmacy Locator tool (works best in Chrome)
Check your mail-order status
Learn more at Caremark.com/video.
30-Day Mail-Order Now Available for Individual and Family Plan Members
If you are enrolled in a True Health New Mexico individual or family plan, you now have access to 30-day supplies of medication at CVS Mail Service. Scroll down and select the mail-order form from Pharmacy Forms and Notices for Members below. Download the form and fill it out according to the instructions. (Members of our small and large group plans may order up to a 90-day supply.)
2020 True Health New Mexico Formulary and Related Lists
Updates to the Formulary
Pharmacy Forms and Notices for Members
Prior Authorization for Prescription Drugs: What You Should Know
Important Pharmacy Terms and Their Definitions
Important Notices for Asthma and Diabetes Patients
Appropriate Use of Antibiotics
Pharmacy Programs for Members
True Health New Mexico and CVS Caremark has implemented pharmacy programs to help improve your safety, keep you on the medications you need to manage your chronic condition(s), and reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
- Opioid Program: This program addresses opioid overuse, which, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is an epidemic in the U.S. You may notice restrictions on the strengths or quantities of high-potency opioid pain medications that can be dispensed at the pharmacy. Get the facts about opioid abuse and misuse on the CDC website.
- Do you need help locating an opioid treatment (buprenorphine) prescriber? Click here to locate a provider. Note: Please call Customer Service at 1-844-508-4677 to confirm that the provider you have selected is in the True Health New Mexico network.
- Medication Split-Fill Program: True Health New Mexico partners with CVS Caremark on a program that limits initial fills of certain high-risk medications and oncology medications to two 15-day supplies. After the first two 15-day supplies are used, the full prescribed quantity will be covered at one time. This program will work to ensure that members can tolerate these medications and may reduce potential waste. Download the list of drugs that are included in the split-fill program.
- Medication Adherence Program: In this program, you may receive reminders when you are late to refill medications for chronic conditions. Taking prescribed medications on a regular basis leads to better outcomes in chronic conditions.
- Copay Card Accumulator Program: This program will ensure the integrity of the pharmacy benefit and will accurately capture your out-of-pocket cost when you use a manufacturer-issued copay coupon/card.
CVS Specialty Pharmacy
Specialty medications treat specific medical conditions such as cancer, hemophilia, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, pulmonary arterial hypertension, respiratory syncytial virus, rheumatoid arthritis, and more. You can fill these prescriptions through CVS Specialty Pharmacy. Please call 1-800-237-2767 between the hours of 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (MST) Monday through Friday to learn more about filling your specialty medication.
Download CVS Specialty Pharmacy’s “Five Things You Should Know about Our Specialty Pharmacy” brochure.