Disease Management Services
True Health New Mexico offers Disease Management Programs to members with asthma and diabetes. These programs can help improve your quality of life while keeping healthcare costs under control.
Asthma Disease Management Program
Asthma is a chronic disease that can be controlled with the right medication and by identifying and eliminating asthma triggers in your environment. If you have asthma, our Asthma Management Program can help. We’ll work with you to:
- Educate you on ways to control your condition and avoid complications and emergency room visits.
- Help you reduce your asthma symptoms by using your medications effectively.
- Offer you strategies for working with your doctor to set up an asthma action plan.
For more information about asthma, visit A.D.A.M.’s library of asthma resources.
Diabetes Disease Management Program
Whether you have been diagnosed with diabetes recently or have had it for a long time, our Disease Management Program can help you to:
- Better understand your diabetes and how to control your blood sugar levels with the right medications and a healthy diet.
- Avoid diabetes complications and emergencies.
- Become more active in your own healthcare.
For more information about diabetes, visit A.D.A.M.’s library of diabetes resources.
What Is Your Risk for Pre-Diabetes?
Take this seven-question risk test* to find out.
*This tool is provided by the Ad Council, the American Diabetes Association, the American Medical Association, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. These are independent third parties, and True Health New Mexico is not responsible for the content on their sites or for this test’s functionality.
Whom Will You Work With?
If you choose to take part in either the Asthma Disease Management Program or the Diabetes Disease Management Program, a member of our Medical Management team will call you to help you develop a care plan, understand your medication options, and give you educational materials based on your needs. Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals make up our Medical Management team.
Opting in and out of the Program
Our Disease Management Programs are optional. They will not cost you anything extra, and you can quit the program(s) at any time. Your health plan benefits will not change whether or not you choose to take part in either of these programs.
How to Access this Service
- Phone: 1-844-691-9984
- Online via a secure Disease Management self-referral form: https://www.research.net/r/THNMCMDMEnroll.
- Email (to enroll in the Asthma or Diabetes Disease Management Programs or to request information): Please use our secure messaging portal.
- After clicking on “secure messaging portal,” you will be directed to the portal site. This site will open in a new window/tab.
- Please select Register if you do not have a current user name and password.
- After you have finished registering, sign in.
- Select Compose and send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put “Asthma/Diabetes Disease Management Program” in the subject of your email.
- In your email, please state that you would like information on the Disease Management Program for either diabetes or asthma.
- Note: Please do not send unsecured email to the above address; use the secure portal.
- Speech- and hearing-impaired members can use TDD/TTY services by calling 711.
- If your primary language is not English, you may ask for language assistance when you call us about Disease Management.