Case Management Services
True Health New Mexico has a Case Management Program to help members and their caregivers who have multiple or complex medical problems. Our Case Managers:
- Coordinate your medical information and treatment alternatives.
- Identify any resources needed to support your care.
- Work with you, your caregiver, and your healthcare provider. Case Managers guide you into an appropriate plan of care designed to help you regain optimum health.
The Advantages of Case Management
Each Case Management nurse provides personalized service to you, your family, and your healthcare providers to help coordinate care.
Your Case Manager will help plan the complex array of services your special case needs.
Your Case Manager will help ensure that you receive care efficiently and effectively.
Your Case Manager will provide health education to empower you and your family. You’ll learn how to self-manage aspects of your care, as your provider deems appropriate.
Is Case Management Right for You?
You may benefit from our Case Management Program if you have one of these conditions or needs:
Chronic medical conditions
Conditions requiring complex home equipment or medications
Conditions requiring community resources and social services
Behavioral health issues
Complicated hospital discharges
Whom Will You Work With?
If you choose to take part in the Case Management program, a member of our Medical Management team will call you to help you develop a care plan, understand your medication options, and give you educational materials based on your needs. Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals make up our Medical Management team.
Opting in and out of the Program
Our Case Management Program is optional. It will not cost you anything extra, and you can quit the program at any time. Your health plan benefits will not change whether or not you choose to take part in this program.
Referrals to the Case Management Program
You can call us directly if you are interested in Case Management services. You also can be referred by your caregiver, doctor, or other provider, such as a hospital case manager. If you are referred by a provider, he or she will need to complete the Practitioner/Provider Complex Case Management Referral Form. Please ask your provider to fax the completed form to us.
Participation in this program is your choice. You may leave the program at any time.
How to Contact Us
- Phone: 1-844-691-9984
- Online via a secure Case Management referral form: https://www.research.net/r/THNMCMDMEnroll.
- Email (to enroll in the Case Management Program or to request information): Please use our secure messaging portal.
- After clicking on “secure messaging portal,” you will be directed to the portal site. This site will open in a new window/tab.
- Please select Register if you do not have a current user name and password.
- After you have finished registering, sign in.
- Select Compose and send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your email, state that you would like information on the Case Management program or that you would like to enroll.
- Note: Please do not send unsecured email to the above address; use the secure portal.
- Fax: 1-800-725-1582
- Speech- and hearing-impaired members can use TDD/TTY services by calling 711.
- If your primary language is not English, you may ask for language assistance when you call us about Case Management.