A Wealth of Resources in Your Community
True Health New Mexico is committed to providing statewide resources for our members that go beyond health and wellness topics. We also want you to be well-informed about social conditions that effect one’s well-being. These are called social determinants of health.
Social determinants of health are external conditions in the places where people live, learn, work, and play that affect a wide range of health and quality-of life risks and outcomes. Learn more about social determinants of health on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Click on the General Resources heading below to find comprehensive resources for housing, food, and utility assistance; healthcare access; and education. On this page you’ll also find helpful health and safety hotlines, websites, and information to help you get the most out of your healthcare appointments.
Please share this page with family and friends who may be interested in resources that can address all aspects of their lives.
General Resources: Housing, Food, Utilities, Education
National and State Health and Safety Hotlines
AIDS Hotline: 1-800-232-4636 or 1-800-CDC-INFO
Crisis Response Hotline: (505) 820-6333 or 1-888-920-6333
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
- National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline: 1-866-331-9474 or loveisrespect.org
- National Patient Travel Helpline (medical transportation): 1-800-296-1217
- National Runaway Safeline: 1-800-786-2929
- New Mexico Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-866-435-7166
- Poison Control Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
- Postpartum Support International: 1-800-944-4773
- Rape Crisis Center of Central New Mexico: (505) 266-7711
- Rape Crisis Hotline: (505) 986-9111 OR 1-800-721-7273
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-866-HELP1NM or 1-800-SUICIDE
- Suicide Prevention Hotline in Spanish: 1-800-SUICIDA
- Teen Suicide Prevention Hotline: (505) 820-6333
Tobacco Quitline: 1-800-QUIT-NOW or 1-800-784-8669
National Health and Wellness Resources
New Mexico Prescription Trails: Get Up and Get Moving
The New Mexico Prescription Trails™ website will help you find some of the best park and trail walking and wheelchair rolling paths around the state.
- Share your progress with your healthcare provider.
- Save your favorite trails and contribute to our community directory by rating your experience.
- Keep track of your activities from the web or your smartphone.
Links to external or third-party websites are provided solely for visitors’ convenience. Please note that when you click on a link to one of these sites, you do so at your own risk. True Health New Mexico accepts no liability for, and has no control over, any linked sites or the content on those sites. Any link from True Health New Mexico’s website to an external website does not imply or mean that True Health New Mexico endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content or the use of such website. True Health New Mexico does not give any representation regarding the quality, safety, suitability, or reliability of any external websites or any of the content or materials contained in them. The resource links listed above are for information only. There is no guarantee that services offered are covered benefits under your health plan.